If you have come across this curious looking seafood at your grocery’s fresh or frozen section, you might be wandering what razor clams are. No, they are not razor sharp, and yes, they are safe for good eats. In fact, dishes made with razor clams are considered to be a delicacy in some south-east Asian countries. This easy steamed razor clams recipe should get the ball rolling for you to try this exotic seafood from the orient.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 -3 cups or 1 pound of razor clams, cleaned and washed.
- 1 tablespoon of dried red Thai chili or just regular red chili flakes from your pantry
- A few stalks of green onion
- Some cilantro or kinchay (about 2-3 tablespoons once chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 2-3 oz bundle of dried vermicelli or glass noodles
Time to Steam up Some Clams!