Combines the spiciness of curry, the creamy goodness of coconut milk, the zesty zing of lime, and the protein power of chicken!
Rice toppings are no-fuss straightforward dishes that brings life to ordinary steamed or fried rice. Even better when it combines the spiciness of curry, the creamy goodness of coconut milk, the zesty zing of lime, and the protein power of chicken! Serve under rice or over rice, this dish is a winner!
What You’ll Need:
1 big chicken breast, sliced into thin strips (a little less than a lb). You may also use ground chicken breast.
1 stalk leeks, sliced diagonally into thin strips
¼ cup shallots sliced thinly
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ cup coconut cream
¼ cup water
2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
A few slices of lime
(Visited 142 times, 1 visits today)
Let’s Make Some Tasty Red Curry Rice Topping!
1. Brown the chicken in a shallow pan over medium high heat. Because we’re working with chicken, making sure that it is fully cooked is very important.
2. Add the shallots and leeks and sauté until both are translucent.
3. Make a well in the center of the pan then add the Thai red curry paste. This allows the curry paste to ‘activate’, waking up the delicious herbs and spices in the mix.
4. After about a minute of sautéing with the Thai red curry paste, add the coconut cream and a touch of water. Cook together for 1 minute over high heat. The coconut cream and water should reduce to form a thick creamy spicy curry sauce.
5. Serve with rice or over rice.
The recipe is enough for two dinner portions. Don’t forget the slice of lime!