This recipe is a delicious fusion of Thai and Mediterranean cuisine
Fusion recipes are all the rage these days. They often bring together the best of both cuisines used to create a whole new world of gastronomic delight that’s bound to excite the senses. This recipe is a fusion of Thai and Mediterranean cuisine but uses only a handful of ingredients that’s easily found in most supermarkets. Try this spicy seafood pasta dish and be the judge!
What You’ll Need:
1 lb of fresh clean mussels with the shell on
½ lb dry spaghetti cooked according to package directions
¼ cup dry white wine, sherry, or fish stock. You can also use the pasta water
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
1 stalk of celery sliced thinly including the leaves
1 stalk leeks sliced thinly
Some celery leaves or parsley for garnish
(Visited 118 times, 1 visits today)
Let’s Make Some Fusion Cuisine Seafood Pasta!
1. In a pan, add the butter and the Thai red curry paste and then put over the stove over medium high heat. Stir together so the spice paste gets awakened by the heated butter.
2. Once the butter has turned reddish from the curry paste, add the leeks and the celery. Sauté until the greens are both wilted and fragrant.
3. Add the ¼ cup of dry white wine and the mussels.
4. Cover for 5-7 minutes until the mussels have opened.
5. Add the cooked spaghetti and toss together until the fluid in the pan has been absorbed by the pasta (about 1-2 minutes). Turn off the heat and squeeze some lemon juice over the dish.
6. Serve in individual plates with a slice of lemon and a sprinkling of parsley or celery leaves.