Garlic and shrimps are an awesome food combination, but it gets even better when you add some asparagus. The crunch that you get from the perfectly cooked vegetable complements the sweet shrimp and savory garlic like a match made in food heaven!
What You’ll Need:
1 pound of shrimp, cleaned/deveined and taken out of the shell already
1 bundle asparagus spears, with the edible part cut into 3-inch long sections
3 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
A dash of smoked paprika
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup chicken or seafood broth
Lemon wedges for garnish and for an extra layer of flavor
Parsley for garnish
(Visited 135 times, 1 visits today)
Let’s Make this Tasty Shrimp Dish!
1. In a pan over medium high heat, sauté the garlic and shrimp in vegetable oil just until the shrimp is halfway done cooking.
2. Once the shrimp is no longer pink and the garlic has released it oils, take off the heat and set aside.
3. Using the same pan, add the asparagus stems, salt and pepper, paprika and stock. Cook together for about 3 minutes or just until the asparagus stems are half-way tender.
4. Add back the cooked shrimps and garlic, plus the asparagus tips. Continue cooking for 1-2 minutes until the shrimps are fully cooked.
5. Serve on individual plates or over some couscous or rice with a lemon wedge and a sprinkling of fresh parsley.
This recipe serves 2 to 3 and can be prepared in advance. It keeps in the fridge for up to 3 days. Simply microwave for 20 to 30 seconds to reheat.