Simple rustic recipes are open amongst the tastiest and most flavorful. This chicken in mushroom gravy dish uses only a few ingredients and tastes like your grandma’s cooking!
What You’ll Need:
- 3-4 pieces of chicken thigh (about 1 – 1 1/2 lbs) with skin on
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 ½ cups sliced cremini mushrooms or shiitake mushrooms (you may use 1 or use both). You may also use button mushrooms but they are less flavorful
- 1 white onion roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon flour dissolved in 1 tablespoon of water (optional)
- Parsley for garnish
Let’s Cook a Tasty Chicken Dish!
5. Put the chicken back in the pan, bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low after the stock reaches a boil. Cover and allow to stew together for 10 minutes or until the sauce has reduced or thickened a bit. For a really thick sauce, you may add a teaspoon of flour dissolved in a tablespoon of water in the last minute of cooking.